Terms and conditions
1. I expressly declare that it is my will to carry out this activity, and I understand that I am responsible for all the risks involved with my participation in the aforementioned Event. I will comply with all rules, regulations, and behavior standards applicable to the Event.
2. I am legally competent to sign this Release, or my parent or guardian has also read and signed this Release on my behalf.
3. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CYCLING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS SPORT AND FULLY REALIZE THE DANGERS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT, whether as a rider, volunteer, spectator, or otherwise, and FULLY ASSUME THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH PARTICIPATION INCLUDING, by way of example, and not limitation: dangers of collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders, and fixed or moving objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, including pot holes, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment, use of equipment or materials provided by the Event organizer and others.
4. I FULLY ASSUME THE RISK OF INJURY, SICKNESS, DAMAGE, LOSS OR DEATH ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH PARTICIPATION INCLUDING, by way of example, and not limitation, the following: THE RELEASED PARTIES’ ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE, heat, humidity, and other weather conditions, including severe storms, tornadoes, lightning, and other weather emergencies; and the possibility of serious physical and/or mental trauma or injury or illness. I understand that while participating in the Event I will be riding my bicycle on
public roads which will be open to regular vehicular traffic, and I will be exposed to the hazards involved with sharing the road with such traffic. I will also be sharing the road with many other bicyclists, some of whom may be inexperienced, and understand that this adds a further element of danger. I also acknowledge that I may be exposed to significant risks while engaged in other voluntary activities related to the Event including, without limitation, outdoor camping, dining, swimming, shuttle and ferry transportation. For myself, my spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, assignees, and successors in interest (collectively “successors”).
5. I declare that I have acquired medical and / or travel insurance that covers such risks, that I comply with the requirements demanded by the policy of the same, and that I have disclosed all the pertinent medical and personal information to my insurance company.
6. I certify that I am in good mental state and good health, which is adequate and compatible with this event, that I am not under the influence of alcohol, nor under the influence of drugs or narcotic drugs.
7. I declare that I am being treated with the following medication ____________________, and that I consulted a doctor and I have his
approval to participate in this activity, while under the influence of medicine or medication.
8. I hereby release and disclaim liability, and I waive my right to claim damages against BIKETUR, its agents, volunteers, contractors and persons working in this event. And I also give up on filing claims, lawsuits and / or actions to prosecute responsibilities, costs and expenses of any nature including claims for death, injury, physical injury, disability, property damage, loss or theft, related to my participation in both events regardless of their cause or reason, except in the case of proven negligence of the exempted parties.
9. This Release shall be binding on me and my legal representatives, heirs and assigns perpetuity. It will be governed by the laws of Chile.